Sunday, April 4, 2010

REVIEW: Cover Girl LashBlast Length

I gotta admit...I love Cover Girl's packaging. Receiving the wand OUTSIDE of the tube is just so pretty. It's almost a shame to put the wand into the tube and never see the yellow of the bristles again! :o)

I love the Cover Girl Lash Blast (the volume lash blast, and the original VolumeExact in the red tube) line so when they came out with the new length version, I thought to myself "Oooooh I gotta try that".

Come to think of it, that thought crosses my mind a lot.

Anyway, I've been using it and I have to say... just like the other Cover Girl mascaras that I've tried (just the new ones, the ones with the plastic bristles), it gives you great defined lashes without clumping - it must be the bristles.

But there's just something about the formula that gives you length. And only length. And nothing but length. Which is great if you have thick eyelashes and just want, yup you guessed it, length. But for someone who wants a little something extra; someone who wants length WITH volume - then this isn't the mascara for you.
I have to admit, there were times when I put two coats on and it made a small difference in the volume. But this is not a mascara I would wear to work. This is my *running errands* mascara. But even then I usually prefer something thicker.



I feel bald without mascara. Not so say I like the Tammy Faye Baker look. But I like something a bit more substantial.



So bottom line - if you want NOTHING but length, then this is a great mascara for you. It gives great natural length, there is no clumping, and it's easy to apply. But if you want volume and more substance to your eyelashes, then you may want to save yourself the $10 and try something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment