Thursday, November 25, 2010

REVIEW: Shiseido The Skincare Instant Eye and Lip makeup remover


Some people don't like oily make-up removers because they worry about causing break-outs, which to a degree I find ludicrous because **NEWSFLASH** you're supposed to wash your face after you use a make-up remover...even if you have one of those non-oily ones.


Ever since I was very young and first dabbled in make-up (and therefore makeup removers), I had a minor obsession with minimizing exposure to oils. After all, thats what all the magazines said...back when I read YM and Cosmo. ha! Fast forward many years, and I love me some oils in my skincare routine.


Anyway, the one thing I discovered when I was very young, and that I've reitterated throughout the years is that non-oily make-up remover always made my lash line feel like it was on fire.


Has anyone else ever had that reaction?


And just in case you don't know me, I'm a dark haired, dark eyed, olive skinned gal who is allergic to pretty much... NOTHING! Having a burning reaction to make-up remover like that was mind boggling. After having experienced the same reaction to a multitude of non oily make up removers, I finally gave up on them.


The make up remover from Shiseido is a "dual-phased" product. This means that the oily mixture sits on top of the watery mixture, so you gotta give it a really good shake before you squirt some onto a cotton pad. Hold the lightly dampened cotton pad over your closed eyelid and hold for 5-10 "steamboats", then give it a gentle outward swipe.


Fold the cotton pad in half (dirty side in), look up to the ceiling, and wipe under your eye. Nobody likes that Britney-Spears-I'm-still-wearing-last-night's-makeup look.


Finish off with using your favorite cleanser, then serums/treatments and moisturizers.


I love its effectiveness and I love its scent! The fragrance is VERY mild, and if you check the ingredient list, it's actually the last ingredient. It didn't feel as intensely oily as the Lancome Bifacil (which is still one of my fave makeup removers), but it was JUST as effective.


The importance of using a good make up remover cannot be undermined. The skin around your eyes is ten times thinner than the skin anywhere else on your face, which is already much thinner than the skin on your body. Rubbing and tugging, and pulling and pushing at the delicate skin around your eyes can...AGE YOU! gah!


Price-wise, it'll run you about $30 and is well worth it, both for those of us who don't use it often, and for those of us who use it every day. A little goes a long way, so one bottle of it will you last a long time and put off your eye-lift for at least a decade.


Just kidding.


Kind of. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment