Tuesday, November 16, 2010

REVIEW: Neostrata Intense Eye Contour All-In-One Serum


I am in love!!!

I used to be scared of Retinol, and products containing Retinol, because nobody ever told me you have to start slowly with it. The first few times I used retinol-based products, I went full-steam ahead and applied it twice a day for 2 or 3 days until my face and eyes were so dry I thought I was going to die. Okay, not die. But you know what I mean....don't you?

The extremely sensitive may never be able to use Retinol, but truthfully, very few of us fall into that category. The extremely sensitive, if feeling adventurous, should probably use a FACIAL retinol product first to determine tolerance before moving onto an EYE AREA retinol product.

To me, that's just common sense... but in case you've misplaced yours, I thought I'd just let ya know. No offense. We're still buds, right?

Seeing that I now knew to start slowly, when I first got my little bottle of NeoStrata Intense Eye Contour All-in-One Serum, I started using it every other night for about 2 weeks. Then for the next week or 10 days I used it day and night, but still only every other day. Now I'm up to twice a day, every day. I still experience a little bit of dryness, but that's probably because I just started using it twice a day every day. At night, I apply straight Shea Butter overtop of the serum, and during the day I apply my Juice Beauty organic eye cream overtop, and sometimes Clinique's All About Eyes because it's so hydrating.

I've heard some people talk about how it's fine by itself, but I definitely recommend using a rich eye cream overtop. After all, having lots of moisture in your skin is the best way to slow down the aging process (oily skinned people age far slower than dry skinned folks).

I have to say, my eye area looks amazing! The dark circles seem to have faded a little bit and the tiny fine lines have disappeared ENTIRELY. No eye cream has ever been able to do this. I've had rich eye creams soften the lines...but no cream has ever ENTIRELY ELIMINATED MY LITTLE WRINKLES.

For someone who has more advanced aging around the eye area, NeoStrata's Intense Eye Contour All-in-One Serum will definitely help, but I don't know if it will remove ALL your lines. Either way, it is DEFINITELY worth a try because of the wonderful active ingredients in it.

The active ingredients in this light serum are 0.05% Retinol and 3% Matrixyl, a powerful pentapeptide that encourages collagen production. It also has an ingredient called "Eye Regener" at 2%, which reduces puffiness and increases firmness and tone. NeoStrata has also added a 7.5% blend of MDI complex, SabiWhite, and Cytobiol Lumin-Eye which all help to reduce dark circles.

I know I absolutely adore this product and have permanently added it to my twice-daily routine. Once this bottle runs out, I will DEFINITELY pick up a second!

A half-ounce air-tight pump is $45 and well worth it!


Benefit Cosmetics LLC

3 comments:

  1. I too starting using this eye serum about 14 months ago and absolutely LOVED it! My fine lines were definitely reduced...signifigantly!! The skin around the eye area was also firmer...an added bonus. BUT..(yes, here comes the BUT) About a month ago I started waking up in the morning with red, puffy, very itchy skin around my eyes. Didn't think it was the serum as I had been using it for so long with no problems whatsoever. However, I decided to try using it on one eye for a night and see if it was the culprit. Sure enough, woke the next morning with that particular eye red, puffy and sooooo itchy. Have I developed an allergy or sensitivity to the product? Not sure but I do know that I can no longer use it and I am devastated because it seriously does pack a punch and deliver results! I even went out and bought a brand new bottle thinking the one I had might have gone bad or somethiing...no such luck. Same reaction :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using the cream for two weeks and I can see the puffiness is less I am happy so far I did not get any problem with my skin, but everyone is different . I will finish the bottle let see ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your experience good care cream should be easily absorbed by your skin and feel like a part of your physique. Thus as elastin and bovine collagen increase your skin will become company, resilience and softer. Always choose best Regenerating facial cream which will not only improve the skin of your face but also add a glow to your face.

    ReplyDelete