Monday, March 29, 2010

REVIEW: Lancome Genifique Eye

According to Lancome:
Youth is in your genes. Reactivate it. See visibly younger, brighter eyes in just 7 days. 10 years of Research - 7 International Patents. At the very origin of your skin's youth: your genes. Genes produce specific proteins. With age, their presence diminishes. Today, for every woman, Lancome invents the first eye care that boosts the activity of genes. Discover the skin you were born to have. This unique gel-cream texture leaves the eye contour velvety to the touch. Dark circles and signs of fatigue appear to diminish. The eye are appears fresher and luminous, as if infused with life.

When I first received training on this product (it was a "quasi-training" of sorts - another associate who went to Lancome school was "training" me on it) I was under the impression that it's an eye serum, so you still have to put moisturizer over top. So that it how I was using it. After doing a little bit of research, I learned that even on Lancome's website the instruct you to "pat it over brow bone and under the eye"....but what about the lid? So anyway, I am continuing to use it the way I would a serum - by following it with a moisturizer (in this case, an eye cream).

I have to tell you. I did a personal 7-day challenge and wish I had taken before and after pictures. My under eye circles are visibly brightened since I incorporated the Genifique Eye into my skin-care routine. I only use it once a day under my eye cream (I use Kinerase C6 peptide serum in the mornings, which I'll review another time) and within 7 days I felt like I could get away with not wearing concealer! And I have! It truly does brighten eyes! It didn't brighten them to the point of me NEVER having to wear concealer again... sigh...I only wish! But it did brighten them to the point where I don't feel like I absolutely NEED concealer in order to not look like Uncle Fester.
I have to say, I don't really have wrinkles around my eye area anymore (the Kinerase serum took those away) so I can't comment on Genifique Eye's efficacy in that department, but I can most definitely attest to it's skin brightening abilities!

It's not cheap... at about $80CDN and $59USD (again, what the HECK is up with the price difference when the Loonie is almost at par with the Greenback?!?) for a half ounce. However, I use it only once a day...and just a tiny bit to dampen the eye area. I let it sit for a minute while I serum and moisturize my face and throat, then go back to seal it in with eye cream. A little jar should last you a really long time. If under eye circles are a concern for you, then yes... I highly recommend this product.

So what is it that makes it work? Lancome markets this as a product which will give you the skin you were born with... They spent years and years researching how the skin works - especially after DNA researches released the human genome, it became easier to target exactly what genes are responsible for your skin's behaviour as it relates to aging. As we age, the proteins in our skin cells die off quicker, leaving us with dehydrated/thinning/uneven skin that ages more quickly. Essentially, the ingredients in Genifique (including the serum, the cream serum, and the soon-to-be-released night cream) provide proteins that encourage the existing proteins in our skin to live longer, making them act like they're young again.

The science behind it works! It's a rich treatment for the eye area that brightens. I recommend this for anyone who is looking to boost their current skin care regime with brighter eyes and fewer wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment