Tuesday, April 6, 2010

REVIEW: Dior Lip Glow Lip Balm

I'm sure by now you all have heard of the various types of "intuitive" lip colour/gloss that is out there. Personally I remember my first exposure to such a thing when I was maybe 10 or 11 years old. I think it was from Avon, and it was a "mood changing" lip colour. Truth be told, it only ever changed into a single shade, no matter what your mood. A hideous, completely unflattering shade of fuschia. At the time (please do remember... I was fresh into my double-digits) I was impressed. Even though the colour was wrong in every way possible, I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The actual stick of lip colour was green...or maybe blue (?) but by the time it went on it immediately started changing to the afformentioned shade of fuschia.

I wonder if that was when my obsession with make-up began?

Anyway... how far we've come! I know that Smashbox makes something called O-gloss. It's a very popular spin on their O-Glow (a gel blush): both of which turn into a sheer shade of pink on any and everyone.

I am olive toned. My colouring is very warm. And even though I've tried and tried to wear it, I just can't. The tone of it is too blue (the Smashbox "O" products).

Along came Dior. This stuff goes on like lip balm. Not gloss. It goes on like your favorite thick, creamy lip balm. The kind of lip balm that once it goes on, you forget it's there. It's rich, it's creamy, it sticks around all day. Unlike any other lip product out there, it actually hydrates and leaves your pout feeling nourished. When I wear Dior's Lip Glow, I don't think I reapply it more than 3 or 4 times all day long! Not only is it an amazing lip balm, and not only does it have an SPF 10 built in, but it's the perfect, neutral, almost warm shade of pink on any and everyone.

I like to wear it on days when I'm not at work and wanting something a little bit more than plain lip balm, without the shine and sparkle of gloss, and without the thick feeling of lipstick. I also wear this to work on days when I wear heavy and/or smokey eye make-up and my lips need just a little of "something" to tie it all in.

I know this stuff isn't cheap. At $35, you can buy a whole lot of cheap lip balm. But this is a luxury product, no doubt about it. However, when you compare it to other "prestige" lip products out there, it's really not that much more expensive! Plus once you factor in how well it wears, and how little of it you use with each application, you can justify it's expense.

Dior Lip Glow has earned a permanent place in my purse and I recommend you add it to yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment