Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Au Naturel Day 3

I went to a Biotherm school today. Ah the irony. I came home with a bunch of chemical-laden skincare goodies that I can't wait to slather on myself!

But first...I have to make it through my 7 days of all-natural skincare!!!

My skin is radiant. My BF tells me my skin has never glowed so much before. I don't have a pimple in sight and I really do feel like there's a peachy tone to my complexion... maybe it's just the power of suggestion?

Yesterday I used my Baking Soda/Activated Charcoal/Rosemary EO concoction as a MASK! I mixed it with my GwendolynForever Honey & Glycerin cleanser/mask that I got on ETSY. I let it sit on my skin for about 3 or 4 minutes before I massaged it in and rinsed it off.

The beauty about Baking Soda is that it's alkalizing. Most germs and bacteria like acidic environments. So just by using a little baking soda on your face you're doing yourself a huge service! To be honest, I had a little red mark (obvious pimple) starting to creep up on my right cheek just south of the eye area... IDK if it was my little "mask" that I did, but it's almost gone now! I'm going to have to test this "alkalizing theory" again when a pimple starts to show up.

Baking Soda is also one of the most potent, and amazing, super-fine exfoliatiors that you could ever use! I bet you have some in your pantry right now! Use it tonight! And that's an order! ;o)

I've been moisturizing with Rose Hip Seed Oil, and still using that DRUIDE Shea Butter/Argan Oil cream as my eye cream.

Today I wore lots of make-up for going to the Biotherm school. For me, a lot of make-up is (but isn't limited to): Eyeshadow, Eyebrow powder, mascara, concealer, powder, blush and bronzer. I could have worn a lot more make-up... but compared to my every day - this is a lot for me :). Anyway, I'm rambling. The point being - the make-up is holding up! Despite the oil I'd been putting on my face for the past few days.

As much as I love my GwendolynForever Honey & Glycerin cleanser - I know it won't work to take my make-up off tonight... so I shall Oil Cleanse! Have you ever Oil Cleansed before?

Essentially, you wash and dry your hands - then you put a special oil blend in your hand and apply it to your DRY (and dirty) face. Massage for 2 minutes (put the lid down on the toilet and sit - you might as well get comfy). Then you take a washcloth and soak it in hot hot hot water. Carefully (trying to not scald yourself) wring out the washcloth and slowly bring it near your face. Let it steam your skin. After about 30 seconds it'll be cool enough to actually make contact with your face. Hold it there for about another 30 seconds. Then massage it into your skin, and watch in amazement as it takes EVERYTHING off. All your eye make up (even the waterproof stuff), concealer, silicone-based-primers, foundation, etc. Everything comes off!!! Then rinse out the washcloth, and once again soak it in hot hot water. Repeat the whole steaming and massing your skin bit. Sit back and adore your glowing complexion!!! Read more about Oil Cleansing here: http://beauty-treatments.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_oil_cleansing_method

Most people don't feel the need to moisturize after oil cleansing. But I would recommend a drop of your favorite oil (or moisturizer, if you're not on a crazy 7-day-let-me-see-if-I-can-do-this kick like I am) and eye cream.

Have you ever Oil Cleansed? What did you think about it?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Azadeh, interesting blog so far. I was surprised to read your statement, "Most germs and bacteria like acidic environments." Actually, and you can find it written in many different sources, the opposite is true. The skin is naturally acidic at a pH of about 5. This acidity makes the skin an unfriendly environmnet for bacteria. If your skin is responding to mildly alkaline products such as baking soda it may be that you are ingesting an overabundance of acidic foods or beverages? Just food for thought, pun intended. Here is at least one of quite a lot of links that I found to back up this statement:

    http://www.celibre.com/sksacid.aspx

    Keep up the good work. Quite interesting.

    Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete