Sunday, September 12, 2010

Au Naturel Day 6 - I CHEATED!

Last night I went out for dinner, which included wearing make-up, and I knew we were going to go for drinks after...I didn't want my make-up to get swallowed up by my oil moisturizer...so I cheated!

I used the new Biotherm Aquasource Skin Perfection moisturizer (which I'll have to review - it was pretty good!) and the new Biotherm Aquasource Eye Perfection eye gel (which has 3 rollerballs in it for massage - awesome!) to go under my make-up. I felt a little guilty about cheating, but I washed my face with the hot process soap and toned my all-natural toner!


And after our evening out, I immediately washed my face and moisturized with the Green Beaver moisturizer (which I discovered doesn't use chemical preservatives! They use Grapefruit Seed Extract) and the Druide Shea Butter/Argan Oil cream for my eye area.

There are no signs of any new pimples developing, my skin is glowing and this has been a pretty awesome experience for my skin. Will I continue to go the natural route after my 7 day experience? I don't think it's something I can do EVERY day, especially on the days when I have to wear a face full of make-up for work. But it's definitely do-able at night, when it doesn't matter how much oil I put on my face or around my eyes.

Would I recommend you do it? For sure! I think every body's skin can benefit from letting it BREATHE and do what it's supposed to do - eliminate toxins instead of fighting the toxins we're actually adding on.

Oh! And I went back to the Farmer's Market yesterday and found the soap guy! I bought a few more to try...I'm very excited! I got an Oat Scrub Soap, a White Chocolate and Goat Milk Soap, and a Dead Sea Mineral Mud Soap. All three of them are gentle enough to be used on the face, they're made in the old fashioned hot process soap technique so there's lots of NATURAL glycerin in the soap (none added) that makes for an effective but gentle cleansing.

Their website is http://www.blogger.com/www.essencedew.com and they're not yet set up for sales on the web, but I'm sure you can email them with any questions about trying their products.

Check out my skincare line on etsy at www.MadeYouLookCosmetics.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment