Monday, September 20, 2010

REVIEW: Roc Sublime Energy e-pulse eye

Since our bodies are huge masses of atoms, of energy, we are constantly creating energy. We are quite literally balls of electrical charges running all over the mass that is our body.



The people over at Johnson & Johnson (who own Roc) claim they have a cream that fuses together zinc and copper in E-PULSE, which "works by energizing ion-mineral conductors of zinc and copper that activate the skin’s natural process" and "When combined with the specially formulated Boosting Complex found in the crèmes, it increases the rapid flow of mineral ions to dramatically rejuvenate the look of skin."

When Roc first launched this product, I was beside myself! I was told that over the course of their research they discovered that wounds heal faster when this zinc/copper fusion was applied to it - because it allowed the electrical impulses in our skin to travel through the wound. Of course, this is not a claim that Roc makes, but apparently this is what led to the discovery of this zinc and copper fusion as an anti-aging product. This is a two-step product, comprised of a serum and a cream "activator"

I was really excited to get my hands on this product.

The first thing I noticed was that there was no zinc and copper fusion. If you look at the ingredients, zinc powder and copper powder are listed seperately.

The second thing I noticed was that that the E-PULSE concentrate (Step 1) has only 9 ingredients, and that Dimethicone (and its variants) comprise THREE of the first six ingredients. I would guess that it's 50% dimethicone, and if you felt its texture you would probably agree.

I was really disappointed. No wonder over 70% of women saw "instant" results! The Dimethicone is an optical softener, a "blurrer", a translucent line-filler!

Regardless... I thought I'd try it.

Two steps... first you put the E-PULSE concentrate on, and then you apply the "activator" over top. The concentrate is a strange grey colour... and the activator is loaded with sparkly light diffusers!

My eyes immediately looked firmer. My concealer also went on beautifully and didn't crease at all! However, my eye area felt dry. By the end of the day I couldn't wait to get my make-up off to load up on a rich eye-cream!

The next day I tried it again, but this time I put an eye cream underneath it. Bad idea - it caused the cream to "rice" and pile off my eye area. It was hideous! I had to wash my face and reapply my creams (without the E-PULSE).

Lesson learned. The E-PULSE is fantastic for if you need an INSTANT bit of line-filling and if you're okay with letting your eye area feel unmoisturized. But I wouldn't recommend it for every day use! Dry skin ages faster, and if your moisturizer isn't absorbing properly through the layer of dimethicone you're first putting on, then you're setting yourself up for fast aging!

I would recommend this for situations where you need a lift NOW, and then you turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

This stuff isn't cheap. It's over $60 for the eye treatment...and it's not a true anti-ager!

Roc's other eye creams (the retinol based ones) are AMAZING and are the true stuff of anti-aging-science. But I don't recommend the E-PULSE (which, btw, has SIX different parabens in it)

Kinerase

Receive this 6 piece signature collection with any order over $50

Your FREE Skincare SPLURGE. Care to try a new formula? Get 10 sample of our best skincare, all in one bag-FREE with any online order. Enter code SPLURGE at checkout.

16 comments:

  1. I just tried the sample of Step 1 & 2. Just applied my 3rd, I put it on last night, this a.m. and now tonight ....
    I am always sceptical of things that say people see results in so many hrs, or days etc...
    I have never seen results in any product i have used and I have used the top and mid range ones, inc. ROC (retinol)
    But I digress.... I was told by the rep I should see the difference in 3 hrs..I don't see a differeence yet and it's been 24 hr & 3 applications.

    I say - give this one a BIG MISS

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just think its fantastic iv been using it now 2 weeks and its already starting to work ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops.. i've just bought it so am hoping for good results!! just put on 1st application so will update hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the day cream for a week now and I really don't think I'm going to redo my botox. It has definately softened my lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post, I will not be buying it now. I have also joined your gang to keep me up dated. Thanks for sharing honey. ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried it last night & tonight. It was OK last night, but this morning when I put it on, the Step 2 cream started flaking off. Everytime I touch my eye area (rub my eyes or just brush hair away) it starts flaking off. After reading this review, I won't be buying this product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been using this product for a week now. It is absolutely amazing. Great results!! Buy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive been using for couple of days now. my eyes are lookin worse than when i started. £30 down toilet will not be buyin again.... total rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been using it for about a week and good results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly this cream just sounds waaaaaaay to good to be true! Just like every self tanner , they go orange no matter how high quality the ingredients are

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so disappointed with this product... used it for about a week, but my eyes kept getting worse. If this had of been any other product other than Roc, I would have stopped using it right away, but I guess I trusted the brand name & decided to try it a little longer(big mistake). Well, I went back to my regular eye cream (which is also roc, but different cream). I feel Roc Sublime Energy Eye Cream realy damaged my lower eye area (worked fine on the top lid though). But I am not sure if my lower lids will ever be the same again... made my eyes look older more wrinkled then before:( please be very careful using this product. I am so very, very disappointed & sad :( I hope it improves...
    Thank you for reading, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. I purchased this product 3 days ago, and have used it morning & night since purchase. Like previous post, I trusted the name, and assumed something good would happen. The last two mornings I have woken up horrified, to see that I look 10 years older, not younger! I thought I'd checkout any comments on internet before using again, and from what I've read, it sounds like I need to stop using it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about buying it how did it make you look ? What did it do to your eyes? So should I try it or not ?

      Delete
  13. I bought the e-pulse day face cream really not to be trusted the representative told me the effect is after 3 hours but till now i have been using for 18 days my so glowing skin has completly dissapear my face look so dull my complexion is darkening as i had very nice complexion and glowing skin before start using it am so hopeless now i really dont advise to buy this product dont go for it you will regret ladies and start back to square one poor me i look so veird with...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't like the way it flake up when I apply the white cream.Also I hate that nothing is in english no where on the box that makes no sense at all. I hope this stuff works otherwise I will be very pissed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    รักษาจอประสาทตาเสื่อม

    ReplyDelete